Many entrepreneurs secure green cards by applying to qualify as EB-1A individuals of extraordinary ability. To qualify for an EB-1A green card the individual must demonstrate qualification in three of the following 10 fields. We have highlighted the categories entrepreneurs most frequently use to qualify.
- Evidence of receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
- Evidence of your membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
- Evidence of published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Evidence that you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
- Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
- Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Evidence that your work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- Evidence of your performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- Evidence that you command a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
- Evidence of your commercial successes in the performing arts
While similar to the O-1 visa, the USCIS applies a heightened standard of review to EB-1A green card applications. Many people qualify for the O-1 but do not yet have enough visibility or achievement to qualify for the EB-1A.
To qualify for the EB-1 as an entrepreneur there is a lot riding on the success of your business and your ability to demonstrate that you have successfully run your company. While there is no one issue that can demonstrate success, here are questions we frequently ask our entrepreneur clients:
- How many people currently work for your company? The larger your workforce the easier it is to demonstrate the success of your business.
- Has your business received significant investment or generated an impressive amount of revenue? Market feedback about your business is always helpful to demonstrating the success and value of your business.
- Does your business have any intellectual property, such as patents?
- Has your business created a novel or market leading product? Innovation always makes an EB-1 petition easier.
- Has your business been recognized in publications, with awards, or other public acclaim?
Each entrepreneur’s green card options are unique. To learn whether you may be a good fit for an EB-1 green card, how to build your case to qualify in the future, or learn about other green card options, please schedule a call.